Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello from Washington D.C.

Hey everyone,
I wanted to come on this blog and tell everyone what I have been doing this past week.  My teacher William Snyder has hooked our senior class up on a tour of Washington D.C. to visit different publications and see first hand what everyone does in this business.  We have had the opportunity to visit many places this week but to name a few: National Geographic, Washington Post, NPR, USA Today, and White House Photography Office.  I have sat through many meetings and gathered a small collection of helpful critiques about myself and how to become something more in the future.  The amount of information I heard during this week is extraordinary.  I learned what editors look for in freelancers and also the amount of drive one person must have to make it in this business.  I have met some really amazing people in Washington D.C. this past week.  William plans to make this an annual event so every future photojournalism student at RIT can experience what I did this week.

I have more on my blog if anyone is interested in reading in more detail about what I do each day on the trip.

As for the workshop, I can't wait to meet everyone at the workshop and on the team.  I have heard from many people on my trip and in the past months how important this workshop is for all the students and how much I will take away from it.

Sorry for being so lame at blogging!  I plan on blogging during the workshop when I get time, if I have it? :)

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment