Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello from Sunny SWFL

My biggest apologies for not jumping on this earlier! I've been frantically working my behind off for the past few weeks to save up some money for the trip. I'm excited, anxious and nervous about the workshop but look forward to meeting everyone come Friday!

I've been out of school since May and officially freelancing since August. I've started receiving a fair amount of work from the Naples Daily News only a few weeks ago, and up until then, sort of lost my drive to shoot. I've figured out now, how to balance part time work with my shooting and I couldn't be happier. They're keeping me busy at the paper and I can hardly stand to keep my camera down.

I've always been big on workshops. I love the camaraderie, meeting so many new faces and the burst of enthusiasm people receive from the days spent shooting. Last year I was fortunate to attend the Mountain Workshop and Picture Kentucky. Here's a link to my Mountain Workshop story: Man About Town

I've also done a little multimedia. At Picture Kentucky I helped shoot and produce a video about a tiny community in the mountains of Kentucky called Rex Fox.


Black as Coal from Allie Garza on Vimeo.

Finally, a few photos from a recent shoot at a high school football game. I love fall and football and it's only as of yesterday that the temperatures are beginning to match the season down here.





Looking forward to meeting all of you and hope everyone has a safe trip to New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment