Thursday, September 30, 2010


Hey-o everybody!

My teacher, Josh Meltzer, here at Western Kentucky University will be attending the workshop as a part of the Navy team. He showed me their blog two days ago and made a crack on our team for being weak, not just in pigmentation, but in blogging skills too! So I thought it best to contribute to any and all efforts to show him up by posting some of the work that I've been doing recently and suggesting we smash Mr. Meltzers navy team by sprucing up our own blog.

Right now I'm in a class called web narratives. Our first assignment was to do a piece about in accordance with the theme "end of summer." And I bombed that assignment, but it was a good motivator to do better for the rest of the semester. My piece lacked a story line, climax, and didn't exactly suit the topic for the assignment. Here's a link to that:

http://vimeo.com/14886000
Our second, and most recent assignment was to take our audience on a journey. This was my first real experience with video. We were allowed to be creative/ abstract/ artistic as long as there was a clear journey. My idea was to do the journey to self discovery and to use a visual poem to tell the story. It was a lot of fun and turned out much better!

http://vimeo.com/15259256





Outside of class, the only other things that I've been shooting have been assignments for the College Heights Herald. This ran for a column called "A Thousand Words" two days ago.







"When Susan Hull, far right, entered the kitchen where Ty and Larry Remour, left, had just finished preparing Dinner on Sunday evening, she said, “We may mot be rich or have a lot around us, but we are rich in what we have here with each other.” Hull said that within the eight months, she has accomplished all of the goals that she had set to achieve before her 50th birthday on December 22nd. These goals included finding a new place to live that was more reasonable, having a motherly role-model in her life, and finding a job. Hull now lives just down the street from the Remour family and said that she considers Lillie Remour, center, to be one of
these answered prayers. “It brings tears to my eyes thinking how blessed this family is to me. It’s filled every hole that I had in my heart. It can’t replace but it sure has filled. I wouldn’t change it for the world, “ Hull said. Lillie Remour said that she considers Hull to be one of her best friends and that she treats her like a daugther, out of love, even though she has only known her for a month."

So that's all I have for now.
I hope to hear about everyone else's projects before we see each other very very very soon!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the awesome blog post leslye. josh is right though. i've been doing this for about 7 years now, and i've never seen a team as weak as this one, in their ability to communicate before hand, share with each other, or simply answer a freaking pertinent question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear what is going on with you Leslye! As for blogging, sorry for being a lame blogger! Been busy working my butt off to prepare for this workshop! Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslye! Your Journey piece is absolutely stunning. I was totally transported to a fantasy land and I lost myself a bit watching it. Awesome! I would love to hear how you like shooting video with the Mark II and what you learned.

    Also, I hear you Chris.... and I'm sorry I am only just now seeing this blog..I can't believe the workshop is only a week away. Time just flies and I've been busy with school, working and interning. But can't wait for next week! I hope I'm prepared! -Karly

    ReplyDelete